Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Supplemental Post #3 - Vittoria Rizzardi Penalosa

The reason why I wasn’t in class last week was because one of my short got into the New York International Film Festival, so with my cast and crew, we’ve decided to fly to NYC and represent our little movie. The festival is, by all means, a good festival but it’s nothing like Cannes or Sundance, for example. For this reason, I was surprised to see a movie, “The Girl Who Invented Kissing” with Abbie Cornish as a supporting character, screening there. She was there, together with other two relatively known actors, also part of the movie, such as Suki Waterhouse and Dash Mihok. When I saw her I freaked out, I had to take a moment and go to the bathroom otherwise I would have had one of those embarrassing fan moments.
I’ve been in love with her since I was 14 years old and I watched the movie “Candy” with her and Heath Ledger for the first time. So, after having gathered the little courage that’s in me, I went to talk to her. She was so incredibly nice, warm, and modest. She asked about me, about my movie, and whether I liked NY. What surprised me even more in all this though, was that no one else in my group had a clue of who she was. This got me thinking that actually, she is in fact not a very well-known actress, which is hard for me to conceive as I truly see her and one of the most talented actresses of our time.
I researched her and found a couple of articles that sort of answer my question.



(I have to admit I still don’t get it, she’s defintely a Star to me!)

2 comments: