Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Supplemental Post 5 - Ali Appelbaum

This past week I saw Elizabeth Banks shopping at Whole Foods. This was amusing for me because I spent some of the week with my friend in town visiting from Florida. As it was her first time in Los Angeles, she was really hoping to have some star sightings, as do most tourists. I started thinking about how tourists always try to go the the "right" places to see celebrities, but it is more common for me to see celebrities just out and about living their lives. Even when I was a tourist, it was more likely that I ran into celebrities at CVS than at brunch at the Ivy. My friends are always surprised how often I see celebrities and I try to explain to them that they live here too. It's such an odd concept to them that there are literally celebrities roaming the streets in the city I live. Yeah, not many celebrities live in St. Petersburg, Florida, but here, they do, and they still have to grocery shop. So, my friend, actively searching for stars saw no one, but I saw a star without even trying.

Elizabeth Banks wasn't wearing any makeup. She still looked beautiful, but no one really noticed her, or atleast no one drew attention to the fact that she was there. The latter is probably more likely because L.A. locals are pretty good about not pestering stars when they are just out in public. I actually googled "elizabeth banks at whole foods" just because I was curious if anyone actually did notice her and posted about it. There weren't any posts from that day, but there were several others of her shopping at Whole Foods on other occasions. I guess that's a place she frequents!

1 comment:

  1. My sister graduated from Penn and met both her and John Legend. Said they are both the nicest people in person she has met!

    ReplyDelete