Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Supplemental Post 6 - Tucker Rayl

I watched a short documentary yesterday about Los Angeles personality Angelyne. I was not aware of Angelyne until Sunday, when she was referenced in one of my favorite podcasts, and I've been devouring all the content there is about her since. Angelyne was featured on billboards all around the city, with just her picture and her name - just from this exposure she became an icon.

This documentary, (which I'm having trouble find any information on. I assume it was made in the late 80's or early 90's), focuses on Angelyne's success and the maintenance of her image and persona. She talks a lot about how she uses her femininity and sexuality to express herself and get what she wants from men (what's good, 3rd wave feminism?).

Angelyne is just the type of celebrity that fascinates me to no end. She's not particularly talented (she sang on some Blondie-knockoff New Wave records and acted in some random projects), it's unclear if she realizes the level of performance that goes into her persona, and she has big hair and tons of plastic surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment