Friday, April 27, 2018

Supplement Post #7- Madeline Virga

Last Friday, Ariana Grande released her new single "No Tears Left to Cry." Leading up to the release I began to see half images, and a countdown clock captioned with the title of the song upside-down on Instagram.


 In one of her post, she talked about how it was hard for her to take a break from social media and the public eye. This was shocking to me as I didn't even notice that she was gone from all social media platforms. One friend even pointed that she began to delete pictures from her Instagram anticipating that something was coming. I believe this speaks to the level of recognition and fame that nobody knew that she had disappeared and still paid close attention to her social media platforms even though she wasn't present on them. What I have been pondering since this realization is, what makes Ariana the celebrity that is ever present in people mind? Is it the fact that she constantly interacts with her fans? But then wouldn't someone notice her absence? Or did we not notice because the horrific attacks that took place at her concert had yet to leave our minds? 

What I do know is that her new song is a hit, and I will be listening to it on repeat all summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment