Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Supplement Post #5- Madeline Virga

This weekend a family member came to town for a conference and Sunday night took me out to dinner. The restaurant was amazing, and I am still dreaming about the miso mustard brussels sprouts. Afterward, I suggested we go to Salt & Straw because we both love ice cream, so we went to the closet one-- the Larchmont lotion. As we approach, there is a group of three people the getting in line before us. I was a little gift we didn't beat them because it was a somewhat long line. While waiting, I kept getting glimpses of the girl, in the group in front of us, and couldn't help but find her familiar. She was wearing a Yankees cap, on top of the short blonde hair, a t-shirt, joggers and adios slides. The thing that fits it all together was the Australian accent. I didn't say anything and nor did anyone else. When we got inside, I noticed a friend of mine who worked there; we talked, then I got my ice cream. The group in front of us was long gone at this point. While we were eating our ice cream, I turned to my family member and asked them if they knew who was in front of us in line, and they were as clueless as it seemed the rest of the people were. I told them that it was Margot Robbie, to which they promptly asked, "Who?" And I rattled off her credits, and they remember who she was. They told me "there was no way that was Robbie," and they kinda convinced me that it wasn't her. But while in line I noticed a tattoo on her foot. So when I got home, I searched to see if Robbie has any tattoos and sure enough she does and in the same exact place. I don't know whether she is just good a disguising her self, or she is just not that recognizable. It was strange that no-one else noticed her, but then I thought about it. Margot Robbie is known as a good actress, not as a celebrity, and until recently she hasn't done many commercial roles--if she does its hard to know it's her. My question for the class would be, do you think she has cracked the celebrity status or is she a star per Dyer's definitions?

No comments:

Post a Comment