Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Supplemental Post 6 - Clayton Vozzella

Over the weekend I participated in a photo shoot that aims to capture different notions and expressions of femininity. One of my closest friends Javier, who works in makeup, did my makeup professionally for the photo shoot. The makeup was inspired by--you guessed it--Beyoncé. I was then photographed in various poses. For the first round of shots, I was wearing just a sweater and underwear, and then just my underwear.

I have wanted to pose basically nude for some time now. I want to make strides toward loving myself and my body. And I can honestly say that before that photo shoot I had never felt so confident and sexy before in my life. Just to be the center of attention and chosen to be celebrated was an incredible feeling (and why I believe so strongly in the power of representation).

The makeup looked so unbelievably beautiful. I felt so powerful. I was able to get right into posing. For me, expressing my femininity is so connected to feeling empowered, and Beyoncé empowers me like no one else can. So I wanted to embody her as my muse for this photo shoot.

People always criticize me for my obsession with Beyoncé. They think I'm ridiculous for worshipping another person or they don't believe in the concept of celebrity. But she makes me feel powerful and confident every day, and that is a beautiful thing, especially in a world designed to make us hate ourselves. So don't rain on my parade. Let me live my life. Let me slay!


No comments:

Post a Comment