Sunday, March 18, 2018

Presley Wilson Supplemental Post 6

I don't know if it's cheating to post about the same topic as my midterm...but this had to be brought to the public. I did my project on Selena Gomez (I won't go through the whole thesis), but one small aspect of my project calls for elaboration here. A friend of mine who, for some reason, often runs in those crowds (I really don't understand her life but it's a very interesting one) once told me that Selena Gomez has a huge coke addiction. Apparently, Selena didn't actually get a kidney transplant from her best friend/roommate due to her auto-immune disease Lupus, but was in rehab. Selena came out with the picture of the transplant directly after Demi Lovato (her best friend from Disney Channel) came out with a documentary basically saying Selena got her addicted to coke. Apparently she does have Lupus, but the kidney transplant announcement was meant to distract fans from this. It also worked well to have her friend give her a kidney for the extra dramatics/because that friend's new show was in promotion and gained her a huge new fan base. Selena often goes to rehab, reportedly for her depression and anxiety- which she also cites as a side effect of Lupus. But these rehab stints are apparently for the drug also (if you look into her rehabs, they do specialize in drugs, which is much more common a reason to go to rehab than for mild depression and anxiety, which she has). Fans say that her new song Wolves is about Lupus, but the lyrics don't point to that at all. She sings stuff like "I've been down the darkest alley's to get to you" and "I've looked for love in every stranger, took too much to ease the anger, all for you"... which seems to make a lot more sense if it's about cocaine. Also... she was Justin Bieber's girlfriend (back before his Christian rebirth) then The Weeknd's girlfriend (remember the song I Can't Feel My Face? That was about coke. And basically all his other songs are about it too). Now, I love Selena and would hate to spread any rumors about her dear, troubled soul... but I'm thinking Atalie was right on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment