Monday, January 29, 2018

Supplement 1- Madeline Virga

It was just released that Tom Hanks would be playing the beloved Mr. Rogers in a biopic. I can't help realize that in the latter half of Hanks life he has been cast as prolific men who are seen as kind and have a sense of childlike wonder (Walt Disney and now Mr. Rodgers). He has even voiced a toy which to me is the epitome of childhood.

This weekend I saw The Post, but I found it hard to picture Hanks as the ruthless hardcore editor of The Washington Post. In this class, we have already talked about the perception of a star/actor and how their consistent characterization in and out of movies influence peoples perception of future roles and the person themselves. To me, Hanks is a great actor, but in The Post, I could not see him as the character he was portraying.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/its-a-beautiful-day-in-the-neighborhood-because-tom-hanks?utm_term=.euRjGyR3R#.qnQ19VAxA

No comments:

Post a Comment